Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Class 9/16/2014

September 16, 2014

So I easily finished the clock tutorial without any problems at all. It was pretty easy, although I did get a couple of error messages, it's getting easier to spot the little things in my code like when I was in Web Authoring. I really like coding so I think I might take Web Authoring 2 so I can continue coding, even if it's not with Unity, although I like coding for Unity better.


There's the clock, it was in the process of moving when I took the screen shot.

For the space shooter I'm about to start lesson 8 which will allow me to shoot the shots from the player controller and thus far all of the coding is working just fine. I feel like I understand a lot of the code without the guy explaining it, and I feel like it's because the code is a lot more straight forward than HTML or CSS. But I still listened to all the things he had to say anyways just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. So I think that I will try and finish this at home tonight between packing and such, because getting internet on the bus is going to be impossible, so even though I have Unity I won't be able to access the tutorial. But here's the screen shot of where I am now.


The thing I would really like to learn how to do aside from this tutorial is how to use a model that I rig myself in the game. I want to figure out how rigged characters are loaded into the games so that I can change my re-skin of the roll a ball from first person to 3rd person with a lizard that I build. I looked for free ones and I don't like them as much and I really liked modeling the bug so I think it's something that I'm interested spending time on, along with figuring out all of the coding to make sure that the rig doesn't tweak out once I import it. But that's what I really want to do for the re-skin, and I'll try to finish this tonight but there are no promises because I have to get some packing done and some sleep before I go off to Ottawa!! I'm so excited I could cry. Also I don't think I told you but I got my scholarship from Market Basket in the mail and I started crying in the car because it feels like they really recognize all of my hard work, especially since I just worked like 30 hours in 3 days. So yeah! Good things are happening, I'm finishing things and I am so proud of myself!! 

Shelby out!

No comments:

Post a Comment