Wednesday, September 3, 2014

I think there's something wrong with my code

September 3, 2014

Ok so I started working on the tutorial and I think I can't make the ball move because I'm using TextWrangler as my code editing tool? Also he didn't really explain what he was doing code wise all that well, but maybe that's because I'm used to HTML and CSS. But here's the error screen I get when I press play.


And I have no idea what that means since I'm not familiar with Unity. I looked back over my code and compared it to his and it looked fine. Maybe it isn't saved correctly? But I picked Csharp purposefully so I think it's saved correctly. It's really frustrating, I'll check for things like semi-colons again but I don't know what I'll do if that's not it.


Ok so all of my semi-colons are fine. I have no idea what to do next. But I read up on skinning games because since I missed class I didn't really get what you were talking about and I think if I were to reskin this game I would make the ball a lizard (armadillo lizards hold their tail when they're scared) and have it rolling around getting little fruit colored boxes. But since I can't get it to move that will have to wait. I will ask you to look at my code tomorrow. I don't know why it won't work but that's ok. Technical difficulties are one of my specialties. You missed when they had to take out an entire computer on me in Animating Stories freshman year. It was kind of funny actually.

Sorry getting off track. Anyways, reskinning the game I would do a lizard. Because lizards are adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment