Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Everything Bad Is Good For You Reading

September 2, 2014

I love reading and playing video games so this reading was really interesting to me. I think that reading has a lot of benefits, like comprehension. I think it also allows you to build a world however you want. No matter who you describe a character, each reader will picture that person with different features and each world will be a little bit different.

Video games also allow you to live inside a different world for a little while. But the game has already built the world for you, allowing you to roam the world without having to construct it yourself. Everyone also says that it promotes hand eyes coordination. But it also tells a story in an interactive way that makes you problem solve. The problem solving is often the most difficult part for me, taking hours for me to figure it out. I think that takes a lot more effort for me than finishing a book because the ending is the same no matter what and it doesn't take problem solving to get there. The story is handed to you.

I love both of these things but I think it's hard to compare them. Also one of the parts about the reading that gets me is when it says that a lot of people say that violence influences people from video games but do they know about Game of Thrones? Like seriously?

No comments:

Post a Comment