Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Waiting for things to load

September 23, 2014 9:37am

The only problem with working with high poly models is that they take forever to load into other programs, even C4D, which is something that really annoys me. But anyways, I modeled an enemy bug, which will hopefully be fully rigged and have wing animation. I just altered the original model for the pickups, so it now has little wings. I'm going to do the rigging in C4D and then lower the poly count significantly. Then I'm going to do the animation for the flying.

Then I need to figure out how to get them into Unity and make sure they aren't active unless the player is within a certain range of them, because I don't want it to be random waves like the shooter game, I want it to be a specific number that I can place throughout the game. I would like there to be waves from those origin points but only when the character is in range of them. If that makes any sense? It does in my head so I'm going to have to do some serious code research once all of the importing and rigging gets done, which at the moment is taking awhile because C4D hates me. And merging objects in Blender is one of the hardest things ever.

It finally loaded! Thank Krishna! So now I'm going to rig and animate the bug since I looked into a tutorial about importing the animation with the model, which is a little bit different but it's something that I'm really excited to try and work through. I think that the legs are going to have limited movement since the wings are the main focus of their animation. So I'm going to stop blogging now and I'll report on my progress. We'll see how it does since it took forever to load into the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment