Monday, September 29, 2014

Reskin and the reading

September 29, 2014 10:58am

So for the reskin, at the point it's at it's completely playable. I was hoping to put in the rigged enemy bug that would fly around, which I'm almost done with so I could work on that at any point, but at right now I have a fully functioning game that has a way to win and an interesting landscape with collectible objects. I left it at a point where I could call it finished, but there are still things I could do to make the game more complicated, although we're starting another project soon so I probably won't.

So since the book was on the reading list this summer for this class I bought the whole book and read the entire thing while the Market Basket strike was going on. (I tried to get all of the readings out of the way and took notes). Anyways, I wasn't a huge fan of the entire book. I felt like he talked about too many games that I've never played so I couldn't relate to a lot of his anecdotes. But for the first chapter I did like how he said that video games are too often compared with films, which makes no sense. Although there are cut scenes and a narrative story usually, films don't have the same experience in anyway.

I'm not really sure about questions I can ask. I'll think about it throughout the day and I'll bring some for tomorrow. I'll look at my book again and see if there's anything else that really sticks out to me. Shelby out!

No comments:

Post a Comment